Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Off To Phoenix


On Monday I went to Magnolia Woods again to address the students and the teachers. I just wanted to thank them for helping me help them. They couldn't have been any better. I have enjoyed every minute of it and I am looking forward to the Adopt-A-School Program to grow.

I thanked the teachers for all of their hard work that they put forth on a daily basis. With the lesson plans they prepare, with their patience with the students, with the teaching of the students with life lessons. It sometimes goes unnoticed and unappreciated. I tip my hat off to them for everything that they put forth. I encouraged the students to be the best that they can be and to work as hard as they can in the class rooms. I asked the honor roll students to continue on that road, and for the others that were not on the honor roll to strive to become an honor roll student or the best student that they can be.

I loved this adoption and I am looking forward to the future. I want to congratulate Mrs. Blakes the P.E. teacher for achieving the teacher of the year award. We (the H.O.P.E foundation) surprised her with a gift certificate to outback steak house for two, and a gift card for the movies for two. We all hope that she enjoy her time out she earned -- and believe me yall she deserves it!

I want to send out my deepest sympathy to the Principal of the school Principal Wallette (shown in picture w/ me) who lost her mother this past weekend unexpectedly. I know that it was and is a very difficult time to her so lets all keep her and her family in our prayers.

Thanks everyone that is all for now I am headed to Phoenix and I cant wait. Will be talking to you all soon.

Until next time...

Meek

No comments: