Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Season Ends..


Hey Everyone!

I have to say that I am a little saddened that our season has come to an end here. I wish I was writing you to tell you that we were able to pull off a win but unfortunately I am not. I didn't get to play in game two due to a stomach virus or food poison (one of the two). All I can say was that it was a lot of pain. Our team fell to 0-2 against a very good Ramat Hasharon team, and one yesterday we were not able to redeem ourselves to go any further.

I have enjoyed my time here and have learned and grown a lot. The people here were really nice and did all that they can to help us out in every way possible. My teammates work extremely hard each and everyday, and together were grew stronger and stronger on the court and as sisters. I am looking forward to getting back into the states though. Before I leave here I wanted to make sure that I visited all the historical sites that I could. I know that I have been writing that I was going to be visiting Jerusalem and never wrote about it, well that's because I didn't get to go then, but Today was a great day and yes Y'all I went to Jerusalem.

Me, charde and one of her friends hopped in the car and headed down there. We had a wonderful time. We visited all kinds of sites; we saw The Grave of The Virgin Mary, and then across the street from that was the Garden of Gethesemane where Jesus was the day before he was crucified and where he also found out that he was betrayed. It was beautiful, from there we visited Bethlehem and saw all the wonderful sites and beautiful artifacts. We also went in the tunnel where Mary and Joseph were when Jesus Himself was born. There is a star engraved there where Jesus was delivered, and right on the side of it is where he was placed to rest once he was all cleaned up.

From there we went to visit the Wailing Wall. This is the wall that everyone prays on and and you can also put a letter to God inside the cracks of the wall. You can stay there all day if you would like. It is such and amazing experience, Don't worry I prayed for everyone. (Smiling)

From there we went on to visit the sites where Jesus was buried and we were able to see the actual place his body was laid down and washed after he was taking off of the cross. We were able to walk up the stairs which was the walk up Calvary where Jesus walked before he was nailed to the cross. We also saw the ground that shook once Jesus blood hit the ground when he died on the cross and in that crack right you could see a little trail of Jesus blood. All in all, it was a really great day.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention to you all that I road a camel Huh? Yes I did. I got on a camel today, I was somewhat scared in the beginning but the trainer assured me that I had nothing to worry about and it turned out that he was right. The camel was very obedient and cooperative. It was a very long day everyone but a very good one. I am headed back to some more site tomorrow, so I should be back on here telling you more about the great things here.

One last thing before I go. I know I touched on this a little in the last blog, but I can not begin to express how happy I am that I am now with the Phoenix Mercury. I look forward to great things, and playing alongside of some great players. This is a new start and a fresh beginning and I am looking forward to every minute of it.

Ok everyone until next time..

Meek

No comments: