Monday, January 18, 2010

So Thankful!! Happy MLK Jr., Day!!



Today is a day of thanks! There are so many things that I am thankful for that Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. has provided for me and so many others. I'm over in France with great teammates and learning different languages and cultures. I know that this would not have been possible if it wasn't for Dr. King. I'm traveling the world, I'm a WNBA Champion, I have my HOPE Foundation! I am truly blessed, y'all!!

Today is about service, and coming together, and today I'll be with my teammates to bond. I'm hoping that all of you will be with family, friends, and loved ones on this day as well, working to make this world a better place for everyone.

My thoughts and prayers are with those in Haiti and affected by the earthquake in Haiti, as well as with everyone out there spending this day providing service to those in need. Go out and BE/MAKE a difference!!

Take care everyone!

Meek

1 comment:

LdaPhenom said...

This is not only beautiful, but motivational. It makes you stop and think a second. I recently lost my Mother in Aug. 2009, yet I feel so Blessed for the knowledge she bestowed upon me and taught me, first hand, outside the standard of textbooks. Happy Dr. MLK, Jr. day, the world would be awfully different had we NOT been Blessed w/ such a strong character.

God Bless You & may you continue to be Blessed lady. As a fan, it certainly makes me appreciate you all the more.

twitter.com/ldaphenomDBalla