Friday, January 23, 2009

Big Win and More..


Hellooooooooooooooooo everyone, let me tell you all about the game that we had last night.

Like I mentioned before, we played the same team that we lost to in the Israeli Cup game by one point at the buzzer. Well, last night we were tied at 66 with 10 seconds left in the game. We all knew that they were going to give the ball to Jia Perkins, their star player who was actually on fire in the second half. We anticipated it and trapped her coming off of the screen, and as she tried to pass out of it her pass was picked off by one of our new teammates, Sherri Sam, and with three seconds left in the game Sherri managed to make it down the court and scoop in a shot off the glass as the buzzer went off.

Everyone in the gym was screaming, some was due to excitement, and others were due to frustration saying that the basket could not have counted. Many thought that it was after the buzzer went off. Our team was really happy and we were running around like we had won the championship, I do look at it as one step closer to it though. We were all very happy and excited, especially with us playing with a new player and managing to make things work for all of us. HOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!

Also this week our team got up and did a little clinic with some young girls that are up and coming athletes over here in Israel. It was really fun. We did some ball handling drills with them, some competitive drills with the balls, and we also got to scrimmage against the girls. They had a blast and so did we.

This week has been a very good week. We got a new President, we won a game that was a much needed win, we put some smiles on some young girls faces, and I finished the book that I was reading called The Shack. I am not sure if everyone have ever heard about The Shack, but it is definitely a book that I highly recommend to any and everyone. This book will have you feeling great about life and yourself. It may even have you searching deep within yourself. It is about a young boy who has a tough childhood and grows up with a lot of anger in his heart towards God, but has a life changing experience. I am sorry that I cannot give you a better summary of the book, but if I continue I may give it away, and I don't want to ruin it for anyone. Once again I highly, highly recommend everyone getting this book. It is written by Wm. Paul Young. It is a great story and a nice easy read. I promise you, you would not want to put it down.

Until next time...............................

Meek

1 comment:

Dee Dee said...

GOOOOOOO Meeeek. Way to go. I'm so glad ya'll pulle doff hte big win !!! Keep posting Baby !!!

Dee