Tuesday, January 20, 2009

HOPE in the Air..


Hello everyone, I have to be honest there has not been a lot of stuff going on here with me in Israel. We have been practicing a lot, working on some things that we really need to work on, and scrimmaging against others to prepare ourselves for our first game of the second half. We play against the team that we lost to in the Semi-finals in the cup right before the Christmas break. I am ready for that this Thursday.

But the main reason for me writing this blog was to share the happiness with many Americans for what took place on this wonderful day. Starting today we have a new president. I am so happy and so proud of the strides that our country is taking in the right direction. I think this is truly a blessing to our country as well as many others. I am so excited for the Obama's and so glad that I am here to witness what everyone thought would never ever happen. The first African-American President.

Before this day of course we celebrated another great American on the 19th. Martin Luther King Jr's 80th Birthday. Dr. King spoke about this happening 45/46 years ago, and no one ever thought that they would witness it. To hear Dr. King's speech on Monday was still amazing. I honestly get chills every time I hear it, and it never, never, never gets old. For Dr. King to have that belief and that passion at the age that he did; not just for African-American boys and girls, men and women, but for all races and nationalities in America was something spectacular in itself. And for an African-American who believes the same thing to be put in the most powerful seat in the world following Dr. King's 80th Birthday, is beyond amazing.

I think this will open the doors for many, as well as raise the H.O.P.E. for all the young girls and boys, men and women..... to strive to become the best that they can be. It is definitely true now . The sky is the limit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I truly hope that we as Americans do our part in helping bring America back to the way it was. The way that it is suppose to be. It is the land of opportunity, the land of the free, the land of H.O.P.E., and so much more. I am looking forward to all that will come with this. There are a lot of things that need to be fixed and I know as well as everyone else that it will not happen in a blink of an eye; but the one thing that puts smiles on people's faces is the feeling and belief that we now have someone in office that cares about what will happen with our country. That alone is some thing that smile about!!!!!!!!!!!! Right now America is holding on to belief and HOPE. And who better to help out with that than Barack and Michelle Obama!

What a wonderful Day.

Meek

No comments: