Tuesday, December 2, 2008


Hey!

Today was a good day... it was a day after a win that we needed and just had to get. This morning after an hour of practice we did something amazing. We had a scrimmage with the Special Olympic kids!

We had a blast. During every time out and half time everyone danced with one another. The ones that didn't get to perform in the scrimmage were able to leave the bleachers and come down and dance with everyone. My teammates and I had a blast. I think I already said that, LOL.

Today was a good day. I was very happy and so were the Olympic athletes. They really enjoyed themselves as well as enjoyed us. But they just don't know that they were just as important to us as a whole. At the end of the event they gave my teammate the MVD award. At first I wasn't exactly sure what that was, and we thought that it was similar to the MVP award so my teammates and I joked with Charde about how it is ironic that she received that award and not any of the actually athletes that it was for. LOL. But it was the MVD award which mean the Most Valuable Dancers. We all fell out laughing, but we understood it then. If anyone knows Charde they will know that she loves to dance and she was truly all over the place. She danced to every song that was played it was hilarious. We had a blast.

I know this was short, but I'll be back. I wanted to share this quick moment with you all.

Until next time....

No comments: