Monday, March 1, 2010

Tough Losses..


Hello Everyone!

I know that it has been a little while since I have last wrote to you, but I was still celebrating that Who Dat moment as well as trying to keep our team on a winning streak. I have come to a few bumps in the road with spraining my ankle in one of our euro-cup games about 2 weeks ago, and was forced to miss the French League game that we really needed to win. I was upset about the loss, but I did get to see my former college teammate/roommate (Hanna Biernacka Bouldin) which made the trip even more worthwhile. We ended up losing that game, but my teammates fought really hard and it was a close battle. We played without our other American, Lenae Williams, that is on our team. They call us the American Duo.

I guess you can say that somehow we have managed to play well together, despite ever knowing one another. After that we faced the team from Germany that we were playing in the Euro-cup and they were fortunate enough to beat us and advance to the Final Four. I was fairly upset, but knew that under different circumstances the game may have had a different outcome. I will say that I wasn't 100%, but I will not let that be an excuse! I'll just give the German team their credit and move on.

I had gotten used to winning here because that's what we have been doing since I got here, but this was a wake up call for us. We cannot and will not get comfortable. So this past weekend we had a big game against Nante, a team here in France that was currently holding our place in the top four and we needed to beat them. And guess what y'all WE DID!

The club was very happy and well pleased, and so were we. We don't have another game unti Saturday, so this will allow a lot of us time to rest. Trust me when I say that it is all needed. Don't like the fact that we are now down to playing one game a week, but to be honest it actually helps my body with providing it with some form of rest. It will also give me more time to go visit more things here. I am anxious to get to the American Cemetery, The Mount Michelle (I think that is right) and a few other places. I know that i will be able to get to those two for sure - anything else would be great.

I hope you all are doing well and that you are just as excited about the upcoming WNBA season as I am. I know that many of you are anxiously waiting for all the Free Agent stuff to be over, so am I. I am sure it will all be over soon. Let me know your thoughts I will be looking for your responses.

Until next time....

Meek

No comments: