Monday, November 23, 2009

Red Sea Visit!!


OK everyone, I know that I haven't been blogging as much lately, but I figured you all didn't want to hear anything else about me being in Israel. Well sorry if that is true because this past weekend I had a blast in Eilat!

I went to visit the Red Sea. You all know the Sea that Jesus parted for Moses to deliver the Israelites from Egypt. It was so nice yall. The water was beautiful, the scenery was amazing, but most of all just being able to be on the historical grounds was good enough for me.

I don't know if yall know this but I didn't. Surrounding the Red Sea there are four countries. Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, and Israel; and you are traveling by boat in the sea, so you can see the different flags posted to represent each country. I thought that was really cool. While there, we went to visit the underwater observatory marine park where you can witness the feeding of the fish and sharks by a scuba diver. They feed the big gigantic turtles and the stingrays, too. You get a beautiful view of the ocean on a glass boat that allows you to see the ocean clearly through the bottom off the boat. You could swim with the dolphins, etc., if you'd like. I passed on that!

There were a lot of things to do, I am not saying that I did all of them, but I did get in most of them. LOL. Also while there my teammate Natasha Lacy experienced her first camel ride, as many of you already know I did that last year, so I didn't need to do it again. But Tasha had a blast. Courtney Paris wasn't having it - LOL - I will try and get her on it before I leave from here. That is a goal of mine.

From there we went on a boat ride and here is where Ashley Walker and Tasha went Parasailing, now that was something that I was not doing! Neither was Courtney, LOL, so we went along for the ride and just chilled on the inside of the boat. Ash and Tasha had a blast and I enjoyed laughing at them. We didn't have a lot of time to do everything that we wanted to do, but we did manage to get most of the stuff in.

The hotel was nice and the food was good. The shopping was on point as well. The one thing that was a surprise to me, and I promise I will stop saying that I will NEVER do things, because there is a 1st for everything. Because the roads were closed due to a bike race there was no ride to the airport, so we had to walk to the airport with our luggage in hand. LOL yea this is true we were all shocked, hot and a lil' mad but it was not much we could have done. I must say that we were not the only ones that had to do this and the others were just as upset as we were. There was no warning or anything but it was what it was. Overall the trip went well. I wont even touch on the security problems that we faced. That will entail me writing a book; it was so much, but we made it there and back safely so I am OK.

OK, so now about basketball. We have won every game that I have played in while here. We have a nice one coming up today and another on Thursday which will be a Cup game. They are both very important games so I will keep you posted on how it goes. Or you can check out www.safsal.co.il for daily updates.

Ok yall until next time,

Meek

No comments: