Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!


Hello everyone!

I just wanted to stop in to say I hope all of you are having a great Thanksgiving!

I hope that you are feeling the same way as I do right now. Knowing that we have so much to be thankful for! I have gone through a lot over the past year and a half, and through it all, the Good Lord has held me in His arms, guided me, protected me, helped me, and ordered my steps through the entire thing. I am SOOOOOOO thankful.

If I look back on 2008, I know for a fact that God was with me in 2009. I went from not playing, to losing my best friend in my Grandmother Jewel Johnson, to playing this year and winning the WNBA Championship! Yes God is good. But I must tell you that through all of that - the hurt, the pain, the emotional roller coaster, the happiness, the joy, etc. - I used the strength that he gave me to get through it all and that makes me smile the most.

The effect that all of that had on so many that was and is a part of my life, was difficult. Seeing my family happy and make it through another year without my grandmother, seeing how happy they are and were to share in my success, seeing how many lives I am able to touch through what I am doing, seeing the smiles that are being placed on everyone's face through THE H.O.P.E. FOUNDATION, knowing that there are many that will be able to go to college through the Jewel Johnson Scholarship. Knowing that my grandmother and Coach Gunter's Legacy will continue to go on through me and all the lives that they have touched. I am telling you all right now that I know for a fact that I have so much to be thankful for.

I could go on and on but I will cut it short. I would like for you all to be able to get to your turkey before it gets too cold, from reading all this! LOL! Take a moment to express your thanks. I know that there is something that you are thankful for, even if its just being blessed to see another day. Thanksgiving is a special day, enjoy it and your family and friends. I know that we give thanks on this day, but I hope that we give thanks everyday, because we all know that tomorrow is not always promised.

Happy Turkey Day everyone! I hope you all eat enough of that good food for me. I will be playing a game and indulging in a turkey sandwich with no mayo, because it is kosher over here (I may not even have any cheese either). LOL it's OK, though, because all in all I am still thankful and truly blessed!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Meek

No comments: