Thursday, June 5, 2008

Coming Home

After a tough win last night against my best friend, Sylvia Fowles, we are now 4-1. It was tough to see Big Sil get hurt, but hopefully she’ll be back in no time. I believe that Sylvia will bounce back strong. The way that she hurt herself was wild. What I mean by that is Sylvia is helping to revolutionize the women's game. Before she fell and hurt herself, she went up and blocked Delisha's shot off of the back board. It was unbelievable! But the refs called goaltending. This is something that you don’t see every day in women's basketball. After thinking about how things happened, Delisha joked with me saying that I set her up to get her shot blocked! It was funny, because I believe that I did pass her the ball on that play. She joked saying that Sylvia and I planned for that to happen. I laughed really hard and said yeah right, because she blocked my shot as well and I know I didn’t plan that! It was really funny. But we were both extremely happy for Sylvia and we are all praying that she has a speedy recovery.

Delisha continues to play well, and Candace enjoyed returning home to Chicago. We rebounded from our loss to Indiana last week, and now we’re looking forward to continuing our streak against Phoenix on Friday. This will be a big game and a rematch from the season-opener, and you can bet that we’ll be ready! We’re excited to finally be playing at home with all of our fans cheering us on. This was a long trip, and I’m happy to be coming home to play in front of all of you!

Being on the road is not easy, but it comes with being a WNBA player. With the Lakers pushing for the championship, we’re even more excited to see if LA will be home to both the NBA and WNBA championship. The Lakers’ coaches have the team playing well, and we feed off of their energy. I’m just ready to have my own breakout game. I’ve been playing okay, but I want to play better. Luckily it’s a long season, and I know when I’m needed, I won’t let the team down or any of you down! Trust me on that. If I have to watch more film, I’ll do that. If I have to take more time and work on my game after practice, I’ll do that to. I’m going to do what it takes – that’s the bottom line.

Well, I need to get some rest, as this road trip took a lot out of me. I’ll be in touch…

Heaven Opens People’s Eyes

Meek

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There have been a lot of complaints regarding the quality of officiating in the WNBA by fans. Furthermore, in the NBA there are certain officials that are known as being "good" or "not good".

Without naming names, are there any particular officials that when you see them on the court, you say, "oh, there are going to be a lot of bad calls tonight?"