Friday, January 21, 2011

More Meek Moments!!



What's up everybody!


I am so excited to share with you all that has been going on. I have been resting my body, but working out and staying in shape as well. I have been spending time with my loved ones and great friends.  


But I have some big news! You ready? You sure?


I was blessed with a horse for Christmas! Yup, that's right, a horse! It's a black and white Quarter Horse and I need some help naming him! It's been about a month, and I haven't come up with anything yet! Can you all help? The name that I choose will be highlighted in a future issue of my HOPE Inquirer Newsletter.


I also have a dog, a Bichon named Max that has been putting me through the ringer, but he is really growing on me. I guess I can somewhat understand what all my dog loving teammates be going through now. I'm sure I'm surprising all of you, but I'm not the Dog Whisperer or Horse Whisperer or anything like that. I'm just enjoying life. Other than that, I will say that life has been good. 

I want to share with you all what has been happening with Meek Moments: Decisions Decisons Decisions. It has really been going well I am truly blessed. I want to give a special shoutout to My Tiger Family right now.  Trev Faulk, who is like my brother, supports me on a daily basis. He was an outstanding football player at LSU and played a few years in the NFL. Kevin Faulk, who plays for the New England Patriots, purchased 200 copies of my Meek Moments books and donated them to Cohn Elementary. This all happened on Wednesday of this week, as I presented the books to the 3rd and 4th graders and had a blast. I also, visited St. John Elementary and Iberville Elementary where the kids were adorable and appreciative of me being there. Dr. Fitch, a local pedatritician in the plaquemine area, purchased 300 hundred books and divided them up throughout both of these schools. Talk about a great donation and great support!!!



I had a wonderful time yall and cannot express enough about the gratitude that those kids showcased. I had my Mom and my Trainer alongside me today and it was an awesome time giving back to the community and enjoying great company as well. After finishing up with the schools, Coach Williams (my trainer) received a call from Randall Gay (another LSU guy that also plays for the New Orleans Saints now) to tell him that he wanted to purchase 200 books also! What a great thing! He shared with me that his son really loved the book and he brought it to his school and showed it to his teacher and they also loved the book! So now they are reading it to the class and giving them homework on the book as a part of their reading homework! Can you believe that!!! I am so blessed and thankful for this and all the help that I have received in funding this scholarship; as well as helping brighten up so many kids days and lives. I know that things are moving in the right direction and that all is going to turn out greatly. 


I could not have asked for better timing with all that is happening and how it is happening. I just want to continue to get out in the community as well as share my book with as many that are willing to read it and hope it has an impact on them. I would like for those of you that are helping to continue to help and also get others on board. Together I know we all can help make a difference. Thank you all for taking the time for listening. I will be back blogging on the regular.  


Until then.....


Meek

No comments: