Thursday, June 4, 2009

Season Opener & More!

Lets talk more about the time that I have been having here in Phx.

I have talked about my teammates and how great they have been and it seems to get better everyday. Gotta love that. I am learning the system a lot faster than I thought, but trust me there is more for me to learn, but I am happy with the progress so far; and the coaches have been great. I am learning so much from the staff here, and Bridget Pettis is definitely one of the most helpful energetic people that I have met thus far. She keeps us laughing at all times. It doesnt matter the time of the day she will have that same energy and you will be laughing. She can also be serious and get her point across, though. Then its right back to putting a smile on your face.

We have finished up training camp and had some really good practice games against some of the other teams in the league that we were fortunate enough to win. We all learned more and more about each other and that is just going to continue to grow.

Now on to whats about to come up for us. NONE OTHER THAN THE FIRST HOME GAME. It is this saturday on the 6th of June against the San Antonio Silver Stars. I am so excited. Can you believe it, the season is here. It seems like just the other day we all were overseas. This will be an exciting season everyone, not for just one particular team ( although you know that I am all for the Mercury. LOL), but I mean across the entire league. I am sure that you all will not want to miss this season and what is about to happen. I know I cant wait and I cant even see it the way that you all get to see it. I love what I do and I am so happy that I am still blessed enough to compete like we do. I love the excitement that we bring to others, but most of all the Hope that we bring to sooooooooo many young women and some young men as well. I am getting chills just thinking about it.

Ok I am off now, I have to save some of this exciting energy for our Home opener again it will be on the this Saturday June the 6th come out and cheer us on. We would love to have you.

Meek

No comments: