Friday, September 5, 2008

Hurricane Gustav and Home


When I first heard about Hurricane Gustav heading to New Orleans, my heart automatically dropped.

I was like - no way, not again.

It seems like just last year that Katrina had come through and tore up the entire city. Katrina was 3 years ago, and people were just finally starting to get back to their normal everyday lives. There was some rain and some power outage in New Orleans, but luckily Gustav didn't hit it as hard, but it did hit the Baton Rouge area. I have a house in Baton Rouge and I had at least 10 of my family member staying in there trying to get somewhat away from Gustav. And Gustav still comes their way. There was no power and probably won't be any power for another 2-4 weeks.

Thank God no one got hurt, and that all turned out ok. I did have a few shingles that fell off my house, and the gate may not be standing. There were a few things that fell in my house off the walls etc., so hopefully I will get a chance to get down there and check on my house. I have some family that is in Atlanta, Tennessee, Florida, Dallas, etc.

Due to power being down and the towers being out, most of the phone lines are down (so is mine even though I am not even there). It becomes very hard at times when you can't get through to find out what is going with all the others, but I do know that they are all ok.

The one thing that I am looking forward to right now is seeing my family. My birthday is on the 6th of this month and they will all be in Houston on that day to watch the game and we will go out as a family after wards. My teammates will be there as well so that will take some of the storm stuff off their minds. We are headed to Texas for a back to back in San Antonio then Houston. So I will definitely keep everyone up to date with what is going on in New Orleans and Baton Rouge.

Thanks again for all the support.

No comments: